Project Manager (Moulding Engineer) required for a 6-month contract with a Medical Device client of mine based in Cornwall.
My client is looking for someone who can support the site with specialist moulding knowledge, being able to validate new tools and modifications and to liaise technical with the moulding supply chain in order to support the resolution of quality issues with moulded parts.
The role requires a lot of correspondence with vendors, and so you will need to be able to communicate on a high/technical level with them.
• Leading new moulding component technology and development projects from concept stage into production by functioning both as the technical lead and project manager.
• Achievement of an effective Mould program by developing activities with the vendors i.e. planned maintenance, repairs, validations, transfer protocol and process improvements.
• To prepare annual tool maintenance, refurbishment and replacement budget for each of the Pall medical plants
• Set up, manage and monitor a tool care protocol to ensure tools remain in good working order to maximise their operational life and produce quality parts.
• Maintain production by supporting new products, processes, transfers and existing production.
• Helping vendors with validation and documentation using IQ/OQ/PQ.
• Experience in medium/high volume within the Medical Device industry.
• Significant experience of setting up and operating an injection moulding operation.
• Experience of plastic injection mould tool making.
• Experience of polymers.
• Experience of polymer parts design for quality moulding (design for manufacture).
• Significant engineering technical expertise used in creating, documenting, developing, and managing projects.
• Degree in Engineering or Equivalent level.
• Greenbelt / 6 sigma certification.
This is not a hands-on engineering role, however they are looking for someone who comes from a strong Moulding background within Medical Devices.
My client is looking for someone to start urgently, and have interview slots available this Friday. Please apply within if you feel you meet the above criteria.
Please also share within your network as we offer successful referral fees.