Hours 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday 4.00pm finish on a Friday
Holidays 25 days + 8 stats
Pension Scheme Money Purchase Company Contributed
Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with our client who are the UK's leading manufacturer within their specific industry in the UK and Europe. With a large-scale research and development facility, they are constantly pushing the boundaries of product innovation.
Duties and responsibilities
* Manage a diverse range of capex projects from inception to completion, ranging from £10,000 to £1,000,000.
* Analysis of production and engineering processes and integration or development of improvements.
* Management of minor projects and the mechanical aspects of major ones.
* Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and conferring with management.
* Determine project specifications by studying design, requirements and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
* Determine product responsibilities by identifying project phrases and elements; assigning personnel to phrases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
* Ensuring each project meets its deadline at each stage.
* Making sure all legal requirements are adhered to.
* Identifying problems with the project, taking the lead on developing solutions and ensuring solutions are implemented.
* Develop and execute a successful 'hand-over' to production plan for all projects.
* Liaise with third parties such as external contractors around timescales and working practices.
* Aid in the development of industry best practice standards and procedures for the engineering department.
* Provide technical expertise and knowledge for benefit and support of wider business.
* Adherence to International standard requirements in relation to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (including energy).
* Motivation. Takes ownership and assumes responsibility to complete projects. Seeks opportunity to expand knowledge of business, process and new technologies.
* HNC/degree level mechanical/electrical engineering or related discipline. Mechanical bias preferable.
* Minimum five, preferably ten years-experience in engineering roles in a manufacturing environment.
* Draughting/layout skills, 2D, preferably with AutoCAD.
* PLC programming skills, preferably Siemens.
* Windows applications programming and design.
* Knowledge of databases and basic IT infrastructure.
* Knowledge of CE/PUWER/Machinery Directive and ability to apply.
* Strong analytical ability that can be applied across the spectrum from broad manufacturing process to specific technical function.
* Project planning and management. Ability to juggle competing demands of H&S, function, timescale, and budget to achieve the best outcome.
* Management of external contractors from negotiation and expediting of contracts through to supervision of site installation.
* Draughting and design skills i.e. ability to read and generate drawings, both layout and (desirably) detail design.
* Ability to communicate and teamwork at all levels and across functions.
* All round competence, Microsoft office.
* Industrial hydraulic systems
* Resistance welding
* Steel pressing and forming
* Surface finishing