Our client is a fast-growing high-technology company located in Basingstoke who specialise in metal matrix composite materials solutions, they are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager on a permanent basis.
This position requires a person with strong project management capabilities, ideally obtained in an engineering or manufacturing environment. You will hold strong interpersonal skills, able to build sound working relationships both internally and with external clients.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management and delivery of engineering projects, in support of the designated Technical Lead. You will be responsible for liaison with partners and customers, monitoring timing and expenditure and preparing project reporting information.
The job function will generally be based at the Company’s offices in Basingstoke, but the role will include travel to clients’ premises, either in the UK or overseas.
You will hold 3 years' + project management experience in an industrial environment and also be degree educated.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting management in the preparation and negotiation of project proposals.
- Ensuring that project delivery remains on schedule in terms of timing, budget, forecasting and technical deliverables, identifying and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Liaising with partners and sub-contractors involved in collaborative projects.
- Preparing and delivering project presentations and reports, as required.
- Devising and implementing new project management tools and metrics to improve monitoring and control capabilities
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Degree in engineering or business discipline.
- Strong office software skills, including Word, Excel and especially Microsoft Project, or equivalent.
- Experience in one or more of the automotive, aerospace, defence, energy, consumer goods or industrial sectors.
If you would like to discuss please contact me Paris Williams