Senior Administrator / Project Coordinator
Circa £28,000 per annum
Up to 12 months fixed term contract
Do you have experience working at a senior administrative level?
Do you have experience managing and overseeing projects?
If yes, then The IET has a role for you in the professional development team! This role is known internally as ‘Mentoring and Initial Professional Development (IPD) Service Owner’. This is an exciting role that will support individuals in achieving Professional Registration and manage our Volunteer Mentoring service.
Your role as service owner will be to promote Professional Development to individuals and employers, encouraging take-up and developing effective communications on Professional Development issues to members and other stakeholders. You will have oversight of the products and services appropriate to the IET’s support of professional development for members, keeping an eye on any design, development and delivery requirements. Full training on products and processes will be given.
The successful candidate will be a proficient excel user with knowledge of data functions or experience of sorting and filtering large amounts of data from different sources. You will have experience of working with volunteers and some experience working in a professional education or training setting would be ideal. You will be confident communicator with ability to deliver presentations.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team that operates in a culture of continuous improvement. The team is dedicated to the professional development of engineers by helping them to build and maintain their competence.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- To promote understanding and encourage a culture of active professional development amongst IET members and across the engineering and technology profession, by communicating effectively to members through a variety of channels.
- Work closely with Registration and Standards and Professional Registration Account Management to ensure a seamless process and message to candidates for professional registration.
- Maintain an awareness of best practice in professional development and members’ needs (as well as those of their employers), and use this knowledge to continuously improve communications and services.
- Management of Mentoring Administrator role to achieve an effective service to identify, support and encourage candidates working towards registration and an effective Mentoring Service, meeting the needs of members seeking mentoring support.
- Managing online community content for Professional Development, Initial Professional Development and Volunteer Mentors communities.
- Support the development and enactment of the IET’s IPD policy and services; where appropriate representing the IET at, and contributing to, internal and external committees and other groups.
- Contributing to the development and acting as responsible stakeholder for initial professional development within Career Manager (our continuing professional development system).
- Liaising with other departments to ensure Professional Development is fully integrated with other products and services and that these are seemlessly promoted through new and existing internal (and external) channels.
- Manage projects (and contribute to those of others) relating to the development and promotion of new and existing products and services.
- Monitor product and service uptake, process metrics and feedback, and address issues accordingly. Work closely across teams to produce monthly Professional Registration pipeline metrics.
- Responsible for managing member of staff, including annual appraisals and performance management.
- Manage a direct expenditure budget in respect of activities directly responsible for, and contribute to department annual business planning and budgeting activities in respect of own areas of responsibility.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload to meet agreed targets.
- Good presentation skills, written and oral.
- Good customer service awareness and knowledge.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of volunteer management
- Understanding of competence frameworks
- Experience of using online communities and/or social media in a professional capacity
- Prince 2 qualification and/or project management experience.
- A good level of commercial awareness.
- Supervisory management experience.
- Previous experience of professional development or lifelong learning issues and best practice.