The role of the Project Coordinator is to provide support to the Project Engineers and Managers by gathering and providing information as required throughout the project life cycle to ensure the process runs smoothly and effectively.
This role will provide coordination between the production, planning & purchasing departments.
in our factory in Soissons, France, where the role will be based. This role would be suitable for either an individual based in France or alternatively, a UK based employee who would travel to and from the factory on a weekly basis. The candidate will speak both French and English.
We will consider an initially temporary contract with the option of moving on to a permanent contract.
- To ensure collaboration and coordination between production, planning and purchasing departments
- To produce and amend essential technical documents required for the manufacturing process and inspection manuals
- To co-ordinate and track the submission and return of all documentation required by the purchase order, expediting through to final approval
- To submit and retrieve documents in a timely manner in line with customer’s requirements - (e.g. customer templates and upload websites) and to distribute the approved or commented documents accordingly
- To liaise with customers, suppliers and colleagues where required
- Raising Design Change Requests (DCR’s) for the Design Engineers to change AutoCAD drawings due to client comments, errors or changes in design
- To update the Projects folder with the latest revision of documents and drawings.
- To attend meetings to ensure the requirements from the client are fulfilled
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with the customer where required on an ongoing basis
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, documentation and presentations
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable work experience in a project coordinator capacity
- Engineering related university degree or equivalent
- Excellent computer and IT skills including; Word, Excel, Adobe and experience of using spreadsheets and databases.
- Good working knowledge of project management software, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a positive outlook, be self-motivated and hard-working.
- Be flexible with an ability to work under pressure and to prioritise changing timescales and workloads
- Possess the ability and confidence to interact with colleagues and customers of all levels and build close working relationships
- Have a high standard of accuracy with good written and spoken communication
- Be able to multi-task responsibilities simultaneously and work autonomously
- Make good use of their own initiative and know when to flag issues and escalate situations
- Be forward thinking and able to anticipate problems
- Learn quickly and have ability to learn new software programmes
- Be customer focused, persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Drive change and implement process improvements
- Be organised in planning, filing and organisation of work load
- Maintain full confidentiality and act professionally at all times
- Have experience at working both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Possess the ability to defuse tension, should it arise
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
At Chromalox, we develop advanced thermal technologies for the world’s toughest industrial heating applications. We do it better, and we’ve been doing it longer than anyone else. We invented electric heating technology. Chromalox started with an innovative solution 100 years ago when a self-taught engineer invented the first metal-sheathed resistance heating element. It was this then-advanced-thermal-technology that launched an entire industry. That pioneering, innovative spirit continues today. Built on opportunity and innovation, Chromalox has grown to serve an increasing number of global markets and industries. We excel in industries that have high expectations. And we are acknowledged as experts at delivering solutions that exceed specifications, limit risk, and reduce operating costs.
For further information, please visit http://www.chromalox.com/en/about-us