Gi Group are currently seeking Production team members to join global food manufacturers Kerry Foods, at their Centre of Excellence manufacturing site based in Ossett. Joining a highly skilled production team, this site is responsible for the manufacture and supply of butter, spreads and margarine into major key retailers across the United Kingdom. We are seeking interested, diligent and hard-working individuals who would like an opportunity to join a growing team and develop their skillsets in areas such as machine-operation, problem-solving and product make-up. Training plans will be provided to new team members. This role is temporary, with the opportunity to go permanent after 12 weeks for the right candidates.
Mon-Fri shift pattern:
Rotating Shifts 6-2, 10-6 & 2-10 (days, nights & afters)
Pay: £7.88 plus a 20% shift bonus =£9.46
4on4off shift pattern:
12 hour shifts on a 4on4off basis (rotating days/nights, 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am)
Pay: £7.88 plus a 30% shift bonus = £10.24
* Working on a large machine based food production line
* Controlling machinery that processes butter and margarine
* Checking instruments like temperature gauges
* Loading and manual handling of ingredients and boxed butter/margarine
* Making sure there's a constant supply of ingredients
* Keeping machines and production areas clean and tidy
* Working to strict food hygiene and health and safety guidelines, reporting problems when necessary
* Good food hygiene and health and safety knowledge
* Flexibility towards shifts and availability
* An excellent attitude and work ethic, always keen to learn new skills
* Good level of physical fitness due to demanding duties
* Previous exposure to manufacturing or food production advantageous
* (Basic Food Hygiene information is provided prior to employment)
If you meet the above criteria, are able to work in the Ossett area and would like to apply for the role of Machine Operator - please apply and send your CV to Tayla Butterfield, or alternatively for more information, please call Tayla on 01924 668 689.
Gi Group in the UK provides recruitment, staffing and workforce management services to local and national clients of all sizes, placing an average of 15,000 temporary and permanent staff into work nationwide each week across many market sectors.