SoCode are working with a leading high tech company who specialise in the manufacture of modern handheld electronic equipment. This equipment is primarily used in safety critical environments, and hence requires a highly ruggedised design, and effective manufacturing process.
Due to continued New Product Development, our client are in a position of bringing revolutionary new devices to market with groundbreaking functionality, and with that are seeking a talented professional who is able to work alongside the R&D and manufacturing teams to ensure that both new and exist products are produced in the best way possible.
This is a senior level placement that will see the successful candidate take responsibility for a wide range of production targets.• Interfacing with the R&D team to ensure manufacturable designs
• Ensuring that factory facilities are capable of producing new products, as well as ensuring scalability of production as demand increases
• Improving factory capability through upgrading equipment and processes, and purchasing new equipment
• Product Compliance
• Working with the process engineering team to propose improvements and to design new methods
• Run checks on current processes to ensure quality of manufacture, and yield
• Working with procurement to ensure high quality supply chains, and consulting with suppliers to resolve technical problems
Key Interfaces• Managing Director
• Engineering Director
• NPI Manager
• Engineering Manager
• Yield Manager
• Process Engineers
• R&D team
• Procurement Team
The R&D teams are based in the UK in North West London, along with a number of other engineering teams and commercial stafff. Production however is carried out in the Far East. As such, whilst a lot of this work can be completed from the UK offices, this role will include significant amounts of international travel.
It is expected that around 1/3 of your time will be overseas, although if you wanted to increase that, it would be possible.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a modern company on the forefront of technical innovation, with a forward thinking team who are intent on growing the company further still.
Immediate interviews are available, as are immediate starts