Product Manager - Payments - Scheme Services - Faster Payments - Mobile Payments - IT Services - IT Managed Services - Product Management - Agile Delivery - Financial Services - Product Manager.
Product Manager required for financial global leader based in London. The Product Manager will develop products from new or existing opportunities, and thus support the overall management of the company Scheme Services business.
- Produce product features that accurately and completely address customer needs; communicate these features without ambiguity.
- Own the product development, managing multi-disciplinary business teams in conjunction with a Project Manager. Ensure any project is delivered within budget by validating all costs and invoices.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time by regularly reviewing project plans, addressing issues and ensuring clear reporting to senior management.
- Ensure that an appropriate support model and associated processes (including customer on-boarding ) are defined and in place, working as necessary with Customer and Service Operations teams.
- Ensure all product risks are identified and risk management strategies put in place, and that all internal approvals have been received.
- Make well-judged interventions in projects, through the project/programme boards and escalation paths when the project business case is threatened.
- Continuously monitor market and customer needs and requirements, taking into account market gaps, opportunities and weaknesses, future technology / developments, competitor products / services and the changing requirements of legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Understand the income drivers of the market, profit pools, and the size of the accessible market.
- Understanding any synergies with other business opportunities is also important.
- Ensure that a structured process exists for gathering and prioritising client and stakeholder feedback, including capturing new opportunities and enhancements to functionality or servicing.
- Develop and maintain cost, revenue and sales forecasts with Sales, COO and Finance that stand the test of time.
- Ensure that product pricing reflects the benefits perceived by the customer.
- Create and maintain the business plan for the product, documenting planned revenues, costs and risk-based contingencies and presenting a clear internal cost structure to the business.
- Possess strong B2B product development and/or management experience.
- A good grounding of the UK Payments industry highly advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills and financial literacy.
- A proven track record in delivering new revenue streams through product planning, delivery and ongoing management in a Financial Services organisation.
- Ability to plan and organise effectively and deliver to deadlines.
- An attention to detail, a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Experience of engaging with external customers (in a sales or relationship management role).
- Experience of engaging with internal customers (e.g. IT, Operations finance and marketing).
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business, clearly and concisely.
- The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with good negotiating skills.
- Ability to build and inspire virtual teams to achieve challenging objectives.
- Expertise in agile product development methodologies would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a financial global leader who invest heavily in their staff and offer great career progression. For full job description please contact Stephen Savva at SPD Resourcing or email CV to apply.