Do you have a passion for art and sculpture, and love to be using your 3D skills to create bespoke designs? Would you like to work in-house at a successful interiors company? If you would appreciate time in the workshop to benefit continual improvements in your designs, this could be a perfect opportunity for you!
Our client specialises in creating bespoke art pieces for the interiors of commercial projects. They offer an end-to-end service, designing, manufacturing and installing art in the UK and Europe. Their design-led philosophy combined with an appetite for growth has allowed them to expand into all types of interior decoration, including framed art, wall coverings, mural art, furniture, sculpture and lighting. Their studios are based in Warwick with on-site parking.
This dynamic role presents you with a fantastic opportunity to use your creativity and technical focus, on a daily basis. Reporting directly to the Product Design Manager, you will be a key member of a 3-person team. You will use your commercial design awareness to create a range of bespoke design solutions, mostly with the aid of CAD software in 2D and 3D, including technical drawings for manufacture for internal and external fabrication. Your practical knowledge and experience of workshop materials and methods will ensure you design viable products and finishes. You will offer commercial and technical support to the Project Management team, and build strong working relationships with external suppliers, manufacturers and fabricators, as well as supporting with occasional on-site installations and taking a proactive role in research and development.
- A relevant 3D Design degree (Product Design, Furniture Design, Industrial Design, 3D Design or Model Making).
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of working with interior design products such as furniture, lighting and art, or a background in design for exhibition, theatre and film.
- A keen interest in materials and manufacturing processes.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Some knowledge of mechanics, joinery, machine cutting, material finishes and application.
- Experience from a workshop or a mixed creative/technical role.
- Strong organisational skills and confident communicator.
- An interest in art and sculpture is desirable.
- Flexibility towards working hours is required due to frequent short turnaround work.
Get in touch!
If this role sounds like your next career move, please get in touch with your CV and portfolio ASAP. If you don't have your CV to hand right now, please send us a note expressing your interest and we can go from there!