Process Development Technologist
Are you an experience Process Development Technologist with a ‘can do’ attitude looking to join an ambitious and rapidly growing company? If so read on!
JDM Foodgroupproduce a wide range of products, including oven roast and steam vegetable mixes, cold blend long life purees, dressings, sauces, marinades, mayonnaises and sweet sauces. With such a large range of products and packing formats it is an exciting and varied place to work. Due to department expansion we are looking for another technologist to join our Process development team to take new products through the factory trial process and on to launch.
Salary dependant on experience.
Responsibilities of the Process Development Technologist:
•You’ll be working closely with the New Product Development, Technical and Commercial departments to develop new and improved products, ensuring up-to-date awareness of customer briefs.
•Helping deputize for Senior Process Technologist as required at both internal and external meetings, including but not exclusively the daily operations meeting and weekly trials meeting.
•Generating and maintaining accurate and timely documentation concerning the NPD critical paths and process development process.
•Ensuring cost effective delivery of product and packaging trials.
• Carry out all post-trial tasks in order to confirm relevant product information e.g. organoleptic assessment, freeze suitability & transit approval and provision of product quality standards, making available process documentation for launch.
•Ensure all product information received from the development team is verified as correct.
• Ensure that products meet the desired customer criteria through appropriate testing.
• Provide a central point of information for factory enquiries on new product trials and launches.
• Under the direction of the Senior Process Technologist, coordinate and oversee factory trials and launches, including creating production recipes in SAP & collating trial information.
• To be willing to travel on company business in order to present products, recipes and/or ideas to customers.
• To be in a position to have the right information at all times in order to support your line manager.
• Deliver compliance with all relevant food safety standards, H&S legislation, food hygiene and environmental legislation in the work place.
Personal Attributes & Skills of the Process Development Technologist:
- Experienced in a Process or NPD role working within a chilled food environment.
- Fully literate and numerate.
- Conversant with MS Office programmes such as Word, Excel, NutriCalc, SAP.
- Be able to work without supervision.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Be able to supervise and mentor staff effectively (as applicable).
- Clear, concise and effective communication in all forms with external customers, suppliers and work colleagues.
- To have a polite and friendly manner with colleagues and customers.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- To work in an open and honest and ethical manner at all times.
- To have a flexible approach to the role which can be demanding in terms of deadlines and hours worked.
- To have a “can do” attitude at all times and to offer up solutions to problems as they arise.
- Valid full driving license
Apply now so you don’t miss out! You’re going to love working with JDM Foodgroup!