A Biotechnology Company based in Oxfordshire has an urgent need for a Process Development Scientist to join their team on a permanent basis.
Experience with downstream processing would be highly advantageous for this position!
Process Development Scientist (Biotechnology) – Key Responsibilities• Develop and optimize upstream processes.
• Execute small scale and laboratory scale bioreactor cell culture activities for scale-up/scale-down of existing bioprocesses, together with supporting new product process development and scale-up activities.
• Involvement in activities ranging from vector manufacture, process optimization, technology transfer, and process validation associated with the manufacture of new gene therapy vectors.
• Performing high-throughput upstream studies and applying DoE methods to cell culture activities.
• Routinely interact with the Manufacturing team to facilitate technology transfer of processes to the manufacturing facility and/or external CMOs as necessary.
Process Development Scientist (Biotechnology) – Skulls and Experience• A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline
• Working within biological research/biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing in a GMP environment.
• Understanding of bioprocess development and bioprocess unit operations is essential, together with the following attributes:• Experience with downstream processing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team and internal/external stakeholders.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good organisational skills.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, work to tight deadlines and be capable of readily adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Phone interviews can take place as early as Friday 13th July so please apply here or contact George Smailes at X4 Group on 020 7812 7700 or email@example.com should you be interested in applying.
Vacancy: Process Development (Scientist)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
X4 Life Sciences is a specialist recruitment business for the life sciences sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
Our network of world class talent sets us apart from the rest and allows us to deliver skilled professionals to our pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device partners quicker than the competition.
Our aim is to help businesses grow powerful teams that deliver against exceptionally high standards and we have partnerships with leading life science companies all over the world and have made placements in over 13 countries across Europe and the US.