Principal EIA practitioner-(19000405)
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity foraPrincipal EIApractitionerto join our Environmental management team on a full-time basis based in Leeds.
This Terms of Reference for a Principal EIApractitioner is based on an ideal workload split of 50% business development and 50% project delivery, specifically in the Renewables / Manufacturing / Infrastructure sectors.
The objectives for the business development part of the role would be to create links with existing Golder clients and decision makers within client organisations, work with Golder partners in the planning area and develop new clients and relationships to build the UK EIA business. The role would involve working with the seniors in Golder UK and with client facing colleagues working in Renewables / Manufacturing / Infrastructure and other sectors to develop the EIA workload into a broader more sustainable service.
The objectives of the technical part of the role would be assisting the other senior members of the team to develop technical quality and innovation in EIA projects, providing EIA project direction/management, providing technical input to projects (ideally with a sound background in a key technical discipline of air quality, noise, water or ecology) and client relationship management.
The successful applicant would have a proven track record of developing client relationships, accessing opportunities, winning and delivering EIA projects.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Developing relationships with environmental decision makers across sectors
· Developing Golder’s strategic UK Environmental services.
· Project direction and project management of EIA
· Write proposals and business development plans for strategic planning services around Environmental services for client targets
· Compile research on target clients and potential clients, markets, project and industry opportunities;
· Bringing in revenues for EIA
· Development of complex Statements of Qualification, Expressions of Interest, in response to client opportunities, using the technical expertise of relevant team members;
· Work with business development leaders in assembling qualification and pricing details;
· Bid coordination; and
· Achieve and maintain a chargeability target of 50%.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
· Qualified to MSc level (or equivalent) in appropriate subject
· At least 15 years’ experience of working for a professional services organisation
· Excellent coordination skills
· Previous experience of a client interfacing role
· Good time management and organisation skills
· Knowledge of current CRM systems and techniques
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English)
· High level of computer literacy, including a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Good networking skills with the ability to gather contacts and lead opportunities
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Ability to undertake client research and communication with minimal management input
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting:Mar 20, 2019, 4:51:25 PM