£38,000 - £40,000 per annum
The world's leading provider of specialist equipment are looking for a Plant Accountant. The company have manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe, and representative offices and distributors throughout the world.
Responsible for daily management and engagement of the Finance team (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Business Partner) Key activities within the business will include the responsibility of maintaining the accuracy of product BOM, standard costing, inventory valuation and support the Financial Controller with commercial analysis for reporting. The management of the team will include approval of payroll, support the team with timely completion of monthly processes including balance sheet reconciliations.
The Role: As Plant Accountant you will be expected to: -
- Ensure all activities are carried out against deadlines and targets, these include meeting working capital requirements and oversea Payroll and final approval.
- Responsible for monthly valuation of inventory ensuring all transactions are accounted for appropriately and accounts are reconciled.
- Responsible for costing pumps and items within the product BOM.
- Comply with all listed company controls for inventory & costings
- Report on monthly Inventory and costings through establishing relevant KPI data tables such as PPV, stock losses etc.
- Support and facilitate the twice yearly stock takes alongside the Operations Team.
- Review and implement with key stakeholders relevant KPI's that will communicate through the month and support the Monthly Business Review, such as product margin reports, sales and orders performance by family & geography.
- Involvement in producing the Annual operating plan (AOP) around Inventory, costing and commercial reports.
- Responsibility and management of month end processing of company accounts and ensuring support staff complete work during the month to meet deadlines.
- Support the Finance department and other functions within reason on other ad hoc activities
To be successful in the Plant Accountant role you will have:
- ACCA or CIMA Qualified
- Ideally have experience within manufacturing or engineering and familiar with BOM costings
- Strong PC Skills
- Ability to implement and maintain internal controls
- Methodical and systematic
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- 6% matched contribution
- 25+8 stat holiday
- Company bonus - performance related
- Annual merit review of salary
- 3x salary life assurance
- Free parking
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.