Are you an experienced within Performance Improvement and looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, they put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with us. They are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. They use smart people and smart technology to deliver their vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Performance Improvement Manager based at Glasgow.
Performance Improvement Manager key responsibilities:
- Ensuring that safety and environmental compliance are prioritised to improve performance.
- Monitoring, advising, assisting and directing the local ERF management and EPC contractors.
- Monitoring, advising, assisting and directing the local ERF management in preparing, understanding and utilising relevant performance reporting and Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitoring, advising, assisting and directing the local ERF management to ensure that Defects and other causes of underperformance are properly reported and described.
- Ensuring that the root causes of Defects and other causes of underperformance are properly investigated and reported.
- Ensuring that potential solutions to the root causes of Defects and other causes of underperformance are identified, assessed and costed.
- Establishing detailed plans, timelines and cost estimates to close out all post takeover technical issues and oversee timely implementation.
- Ensuring that the company's position with respect to warranties and potential commercial claims is preserved as far as possible.
- Preparing and delivering a prioritised programme for the resolution of the agreed solutions to Defects and other causes of underperformance.
- Involvement in all departmental management meetings pertinent to Performance Improvement.
- Keeping aware and up-to-date of good industry practice in Performance monitoring and improvement.
- Ensuring any on-site work initiated by you is carried out in accordance with site and company standards.
- Carrying out annual and timely Performance Appraisal Reviews (PAR's) of all direct reportees.
The ideal Performance Improvement Manager:
- Extensive and proven knowledge of the process, steam and electricity generation plant
- Legislative knowledge within the waste industry
- Strong analytical ability to address technical issues
- Proven motivator with strong leadership skills
- Implementation of new systems and procedures
- High level communicator, written and oral
- Computer literate with the ability to use IT to enhance operational performance
- Mechanical, electrical and control/instrument engineering experience to enable effective review of technical issues
- Experience in engineering and maintenance of process industry or power plants
- Experience structured problem solving techniques applied to complex technical issues
- educated to degree level and/or with an appropriate formal business qualification.
- Full UK driving licence
At Viridor, we offer a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits as would be expected for a role. This is an exciting opportunity in our fast-growing Energy business to join a dynamic high performance team and be an integral part of taking the business forward.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Performance Improvement Manager then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.