PART TIME COLD STORE OPERATIVE
Applicants must have previous warehousing experience
4 ON 4 OFF 6 HOUR SHIFT PATTERN (JOB SHARE)
The Cold Store Operative is responsible for the receipt and despatch of product through the temperature-controlled warehouse, ensuring incoming products are correctly stored and located and outgoing product is correctly identified, picked and loaded. This role is also responsible for manually lifting and moving cases, boxes and individual items of chilled and frozen products from/to pallets and containers in readiness for blast freezing, cold storage or loading for delivery
This work can be strenuous and may involves heavy lifting, so applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems. The product to be lifted may weigh up to 25kg.
This family owned, and operated business is offering you the chance to join a fast-paced storage environment with great progression opportunities. Our third-party supply chain storage team are kept busy with the storage and logistics of a wide range of temperature-controlled food products. The product portfolio is seasonal and hands on, requiring you to be on your game at all times.
The role is based at our largest manufacturing site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
- 4 ON 4 OFF DAYS 6-hour shifts – working hours to be agreed between 06:00-18:00 each shift
- Inclusive annual pay £9,286.32 per annum
- (equivalent to £8.48 per hour and full time pay of £18,572 per year)
- Pay includes basic pay and attendance bonus.
- Additional hours may be required to help cover holidays
- Paid rest breaks
- Equivalent of 5.6 weeks holidays per year including Bank Holidays (holiday pay calculated using 12 month’s average earnings)
- Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled working days are normal working days unless holiday is authorised in advance
- Fully funded conversion or refresher training available for FLT certificates
- Personal Protective Equipment provided
- Immediate start available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Must have experience of working in a fast moving chilled/frozen warehousing environment
- Applicants must have experience of driving Material Handling Equipment (including PPT, Counterbalance, Fork Lift or other trucks).
- Applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems
- Should be proficient or experience in the use of RF Handheld Scanner
- A valid First Aid certificate would be advantageous but is not essential
- Should be flexible and willing to help colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
- To correctly unload and store deliveries ensuring products are correctly stored and located and pallets are labelled up with the correct details. Ensure the delivery meets the load/order requirements including reconciliation of any delivery notes.
- Manual handling cases of product will be required including handballing product as required. Includes the stuffing/destuffing of containers, inserting/removal of spacers and other manual case work.
- To correctly pick, build, load and despatch orders ensuring that paperwork is clear and concise, and pallets are labelled up with the correct details including reconciliation of any delivery notes.
- Ensure all tasks are correctly documented be that with paperwork or using the Warehouse Management System via the RF Handheld Scanner.
- Report any discrepancies and damages. Ensure any work completed that would attract extra charges is noted and informed to the office team.
- To be responsible for driving MHE in a safe and courteous manner. To monitor and report wear and tear to vehicles as well as to help prevent and report damages.
- To adhere to all Company policies, procedure and training and ensure adherence to all health and safety and hygiene rules.
Does this sound like the role you’ve been searching for? Do you have these skills?
If you want to join The Ice Co family as our new Part Time Cold Store Operative - please click Apply
Please include your CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.
The Ice Co strive to respond to all online applicants; however, we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.