Total Fitness is a chain of well-established and innovative health and leisure clubs. Not only are we friendly and fun to work for, we actively encourage our employees to further their careers with Total Fitness. Wherever possible we always try to recruit internally and many of our employees have progressed to managerial roles.
We are currently looking to recruit a part-time qualified lifeguard. So if you're a team player and want to work in a fast pace environment, then we are for you.
The successful candidates will be keen, self-motivated and have a love for lifeguarding. No splashing around for this role, you will need to be on the ball at all times!
What's it all about?
The role involves keeping our members safe and sound. This all important role requires constant supervision of the poolside to look after the health and safety of our members. You will need to be fully focused and committed to this role to provide a service with attentive responsibility to our swimmers. You will also need to have the ability to interact with our members to ensure their visit is a happy one.Yes, there is cleaning involved, however I am sure you and our swimmers love being in a clean and tidy environment.
This position requires a current NPLQ and DBS certificate.
What does the Lifeguard role involve?
- To undertake continuous swimming pool surveillance, recovery of bathers, resuscitation, first aid and general assistance in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To communicate with members to deal with enquiries effectively and promote services, referring to supervision as appropriate and maintain a high standard of customer care and service quality.
- To oversee general safety and monitor behaviour of members to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities or unsocial conduct.
- To maintain excellent hygiene standards on poolside by undertaking a systematic cleaning schedule.
- To perform water tests on all pools as required and to report any readings that are outside the normal levels.
- To provide special care to any members who may be at risk in any way.
- To reinforce Club rules where necessary.
- To carry out basic maintenance and health and safety checks.
In return we will offer you:
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Free membership for you and 3 discounted memberships for partners, family members or friends
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discount on retail and cafe products
- 28 days’ holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
If you are interested, don't waste any time and click apply now!
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Paid Holidays