Recruiting for an AE, SAE, AM and AD urgently, salary band of £25,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
The candidate needs to have excellent B2B technology PR skills including good press contacts at the IT trade and national press, ability to turn tech speak into benefits/issues-led press materials and great client handling skills.
Clients may include Verizon, Tier-3, Trustmarque, ViaSat, JDA, HCL and Elsevier. It doesn’t matter too much if the candidate doesn’t have the right experience for those accounts as long as they have B2B tech experience that will fit with our existing portfolio, which covers the usual areas of security, enterprise software, cloud, virtualisation, etc.
Currently have fourteen client facing staff, so we are looking for someone who likes the idea of working in a small team. We hope that we are politics free and everyone gets along really well.
· Started over a decade ago the agency sets itself apart from competitors in three ways; first and foremost in the content that we develop and ensuring that this is of relevance to media and conveys important company messages. . In fact, we were rated the number one technology agency for content in a PR Week survey of UK technology journalists. Second is our understanding of technology itself, which enables us to translate complex technical concepts into stories that interest the media. Third our creativity sets us apart; many of our technology clients don’t have a steady stream of product and customer news, particularly our service provider clients, and so a real strength of ours is in news creation and news hijacking for clients
· We operate a flat structure, typically teams of 4; everyone has the chance to do different things e.g. AEs and SAEs will attend new business pitches and messaging, write different forms of content and speak with clients. Teams are collaborative and supportive and management style is non-hierarchical
· Agency culture is politics free i.e. not like corporate agencies, we go out for drinks on Friday and have summer day outs and Christmas parties - typically in Michelin star restaurant. We enjoy socialising together but it isn’t enforced
· Hours are 9-6, 8.30-5.50 or 9.30-6.30 (as preferred) and we ensure people very rarely stay outside of these hours. Also people can come in later or leave earlier once a month (by 2 hours)
· Our client base is primarily business-to-business and includes global companies, such as Verizon, HCL Technologies and Compuware. Spark has affiliations with agencies internationally, and develops and manages Pan-European and global programmes for a number of our clients. We are passionate about technology PR and are constantly looking for new ways to ensure the communications programmes we develop for clients cannot be bettered.