Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above we want to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for a PPE Certification Officer to join our dynamic team based in Leicester.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, is delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Softlines business provides testing, inspection, training and consultancy services to retailers, brands and manufacturers of textiles, apparel, fashion accessories footwear and home textiles products.
Intertek performs safety, quality and regulatory testing on textiles from fabric samples to finished products such as children's and adult apparel (pajamas, sweaters, jeans, outerwear, footwear) and home furnishings (bedding, curtains, furniture fabric, rugs). They help ensure their customers meet consumer demand for high quality, minimize reputational risk, reduce environmental impacts and protect the interests of retailers, brands, textile manufacturers and consumer safety.
About the role
The role of Certification Officer provides superior customer service by coordinating the process of certification applications and reviewing requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in compliance with local, national and international regulations prior to processing a Certificate of Conformity.
The role will involve:
• Developing an expanding level of personal knowledge in the certification of PPE and related critical testing, Play an active role within committees in operational areas.
• Providing a core technical file assessment and certification capability and through on-going training technical file assessment for new capabilities
• Being able to perform testing in related areas such that a comprehensive knowledge enables practical and knowledgeable support of standards development and committee work.
• Ensuring UKAS and quality related objectives are implemented.
• Being aware of corporate risk, integrity, ethics and objectives, managing activities to mitigate potential damaging situations.
• Ensuring periodic reporting requirements are met in line with direction from line manager
• Participating actively in related activities to the role such as committees, Industry meetings, exhibitions
• Supporting offshore related departments and activities in line with business requirements
• Active participation in formal agreed H&S and Quality related activities such as H&S department representative or quality system audits, or calibration activities.
• Being an authorised signatory for certification
This role holder will be required to work 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Required skills and experience
• Good IT literacy skills (MS Office)
• An understanding of testing related to certification activities
• Experience of technical review and providing certification decisions of PPE and/or similar such as gloves, helmets, hi-viz and footwear.
• Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
• Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
• Motivated, self-starter
• Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
• Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
• Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
• Fosters integrity and honesty
• Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator(written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
Why join Intertek?
For more than 130 years, Intertek’s story has always been about innovation. In 1885 we began testing and certifying grain cargoes before they were put to sea, and in 1888 we pioneered the idea of independent testing laboratories. Then in 1896, the greatest inventor of them all became part of our story - .Thomas Edison, who released the wonders of electricity and the light bulb in a Quality Assured way. This is a journey we now continue, through our network of 43,000 talented and energised people across multiple global business lines.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions, as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies