Are you an experienced Landfill Gas or Gas Service Engineer professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Optimisation Engineer for our team. The base location for this role is flexible and will require travel to our sites throughout the UK.
Optimisation Engineer Role:
Joining our team, the Optimisation Engineer will provide high quality technical support, troubleshooting and training to operational delivery team to ensure that the asset base is being operated optimally and that best practice is being adhered to. Duties will include:
- Provide training, mentoring and competency assessment of Landfill Gas Technicians to ensure that best practice is consistently adhered to across the business
- Undertake planned operational health checks on landfill gas collection systems to ensure that the asset base is being operated optimally.
- Undertake reviews of processes, procedures and operational standards to ensure that they remain fit for purpose
- Undertake the review of landfill gas collection system audits and asset risk assessments, and drafting improvement plans to drive performance and de-risk the business
- Review key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to plan and prioritise LFG improvement and optimisation initiatives.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Landfill business (in particular the Landfill Gas Resource Managers and Performance Analyst) to drive through improvement and optimisation plans.
- Monitor and review emerging techniques, best practice, technical developments and engineering practices, providing management data as necessary
Our ideal Optimisation Engineer:
- Proven track record of the successful compliance management and optimisation of LFG collection and control
- An excellent practical understanding of LFG management and control. Including infrastructure design and installation
- Proven track record of analysing asset and process data, and KPIs
- Experience of asset management planning using CMMS / SCADA systems to monitor and optimise asset performance
- Excellent innovative technical and engineering skills, with the ability to quickly understand, analyse and communicate information
- Practical experience of optimising and fault finding on controls and instrumentation
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or qualified by extensive experience
In return for your hard work as our Optimisation Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Optimisation Engineer.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.