Are you an experienced Optimisation Engineer professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Optimisation Engineer for our team. The base location for this role is flexible and will require travel to our sites throughout our Northern region.
Optimisation Engineer Role:
Joining our team, the Optimisation Engineer will provide high level technical support, troubleshooting and continuous optimisation to the LFG and AD utilisation equipment and operational teams / asset analysts. You will train, develop, mentor and competency assess across all the Energy and Powergen Teams, ensuring that best practice is achieved. Duties will include:
- Optimise the performance of Viridor's Energy - Powergen assets on a continual basis
- Mentor, develop and support a team of highly skilled power generation technicians, maintenance engineers and associated disciplines by providing structured training, competency assessments and technical support.
- Provide succession planning programs for power generation technicians, maintenance engineers and associated disciplines.
- Assist in providing training programs and focused training for new starters and apprentices.
- Review performance of Viridor's assets and personnel from information obtained from Asset Optimisation Team and Viridor's CMMS system, providing improvement programs for performance, reliability and safety.
- Provide engineering excellence support, technical detail and resolution to products used within the Power Gen business.
- Be pro-active and creative in problem solving and use initiative whilst maintaining exchange of information between the Engineering, Operations and Asset Optimisation team.
- Monitor and review emerging techniques, best practice, technical developments and engineering practices, providing management data as necessary.
Our ideal Optimisation Engineer:
- Extensive hands on experience of operating, maintaining and supporting large reciprocating internal combustion engines.
- Proven expert knowledge in component failure analysis, lubrication, materials and dynamic analysis.
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Demonstrable experience of delivering cost saving and operating efficiencies in the operation and maintenance of large reciprocating internal combustion engines.
- Experience of operating as a senior team member to meet business expectations and objectives.
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering.
- Qualified by Experience (to relevant level)
- Continuous Professional Development in an engineering field.
In return for your hard work as our Optimisation Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Optimisation Engineer.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.