Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
This role is to provide organization of the warehouse function within the pharmacy through effective stock management, housekeeping and utilization of the inventory system. This role also provides important dispensing support to the pharmacists
- Stock control – appropriate storage of all pharmacy medicines/manage cold chain products, ancillary products.
- Hardware management – Equipment returns, temperature records, re-cycling (eg fridges)
- Compounded product stock receipt
- Order assembly/picking – to include accurate dispensing and timely reporting of near misses and dispensing errors
- Order dispatch
- Consumable management
- Record warehouse temperatures.
- General administrative tasks/record keeping
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment of the dispensary/warehouse
- Designated first aider (training provided)
- Warehouse management – environmental monitoring, goods in receipt, re-cycling (eg cardboard), waste management (including clinical waste)
- Stock audit and adjustment/monthly monitor stock expiry dates
- Timely picking of orders and assemble orders for dispatch in accordance with run sheets
- Adhere to agreed route plan parameters
- Ensure timely and accurate information given to patients
- Communication with patients – limited to advice of delivery time/slot
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- The person should have completed or seeking to complete an approved dispensary assistants course NVQ2 or 3 before dispensing. Full training will be provided.
- Good/sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, mainly Excel, Outlook and Word
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working in a pharmacy would benefit the candidate
- MS Office programs would benefit the candidate
This is a challenging opportunity and a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people across various countries in Europe and beyond. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
You will be involved in exciting commercial projects which will make a difference to both the company and patients. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
To find out more about working at Baxter, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
Do you want to learn more about our business? Go to http://www.baxter.com/inside-baxter/about/overview/corporate.page?
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Stock Options