GENERAL OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - GROUNDWORK, CIVIL ENGINEERING & DRAINAGE MATERIALS DISTRIBUTOR - BRENTFORD, MIDDLESEX - COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY OF UP TO £25,000 & EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Our client is a leading supplier of civils, heavy building materials and drainage solutions in the UK with a network of 4 distribution centres across the south east of England.
Due to their continued success they now require a general Operations Assistant to work from their branch in Brentford, Middlesex.
If you have knowledge and experience of Builders Merchants and the building trade then this could be the role for you!
This is a general role within an extremely busy, fast paced civils / construction materials distribution depot. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
* Serving customers within the depot
* Building effective working relationships with customers, in order to understand their requirements thus ensuring that the correct products are supplied.
* Use initiative to identify sales opportunities and offer advice and solutions to customers, thus maximising profitable sales and margin.
* Assisting with transport planning and distribution
* Managing stock levels and liaising / negotiating with suppliers
* Supporting your team mates
* Supporting the Branch Manager and colleagues in working as a team to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
* Keeping your branch clean, tidy and well organised
* The successful candidate will have a Building background/have worked in the building industry, have building product knowledge etc.
* Ideally working within a Builders Merchant
* Have a really positive attitude
* Be reliable and enthusiastic
* Enjoy talking to lots of different people
* Have a great passion for working in a demanding environment
In return, they can offer:
* A competitive basic salary of up to £25,000
* Company bonus structure
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* A generous staff discount scheme
* A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career
If you are interested in the position please apply online and we'll be in touch to discuss the role.