As an Online Category Manager, you will be responsible for optimising and trading the categories online, working with Buying, Merchandising, Web teams and Marketing. You will be supporting business teams with insight and analysis on product and channel performance and be making recommendations to optimise sales and improve conversion, looking at sales trends and web analytics.
Managing the team/Strategy:
- Support development of the Online Category strategy to help deliver the agreed KPI targets
- Manage and lead the team of Assistant Online Category Managers and Online Category Executive's/Assistants.
- Develop and implement key performance indications for each member of their team, set clear goals and drive the whole team towards reaching these targets
Analysis & reporting:
- Produce weekly analysis into product sales trends and website KPIs
- Analyse and understand the detail behind the category's performance and be able to present and summarise the detail at trading meetings
- Report and evaluate promotional activity and web changes using financial and web metrics
- Analyse product conversion and abandonment and investigate ways to improve across channels and analyse reasons for underperformance.
- Use web analytics tools to create actionable insight for both merchandising and website teams, supported with recommendations for change.
- Managing and influencing the multichannel category trade plan
- Measure weekly and daily performance against financial plans and history.
- Identify future promotional / marketing opportunities and risk in the trade plan and anticipate stock, margin and sales implications
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leader of people with management experience
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
- Technical understanding of website systems
- Basic understanding of online marketing
- Experience of using a web analytics tool
- Ecommerce or merchandising experience within retail