We are looking for an On-call Supervisor / Senior Home Care Assistant to join our team. We are a small, family run domiciliary care company that provide care to adults in their home in Tring, Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead. This role will require you to work primarily from home over the weekend in order to provide the highest quality service to our clients and carers.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience working in the care sector (ideally caring in the community) and would like to take the next development step to get supervisory experience, to broaden care knowledge and skills
Working alongside and reporting to our Care Manager this is a part time role, working 2 out of every 4 weekends. The days and hours for this position are:
- Friday 4pm to 10pm
- Saturday 6.30am to 10pm
- Sunday 6.30am to 10pm
- Monday 6.30am to 8am
There will also be opportunities to be on-call during weekdays to cover holidays or sickness.
Main responsibilities include:
- Taking emergency calls from clients and carers
- Updating clients of anything that may impact their visits
- Using on-call tablet reviewing and checking bookings for the evening, morning, weekend
- Checking and responding to emails that have come through on the on-call mailbox
- Using the on-call app on the on-call tablet monitor and respond all alerts to ensure there are no missed calls or late calls. Ensure all clients and carers are informed of any changes to action alerts.
- Covering short notice absences or emergency situations by ringing, texting and emailing carers
- Communicating in professional manner with carers, clients, clients families, hospital staff, any new business enquiries
- If unable to cover shifts go out to work care shifts to ensure visits are completed
- Verifying that all carers working later shifts are home safely
- Sending daily update emails regarding on call activity and changes to office team
- Coordinating the on-call rota with on-call team members to ensure out of hours service is supported for the month ahead.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong listening and communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Be confident with mobile working, using IT and emails
- Be highly organised
- Open receiving feedback and further training
- Must possess a valid driver's license and access to car to cover care calls when needed
- Ideally one year or more working in a community care role
- Health and Social Care qualifications i.e. NVQ level 2 or 3 is desirable
- Competitive rates of pay:
- Weekends (see hours above): £120.00
- Bank Holidays (all day): £120.00
- Weekday evenings (4pm-10pm & 6.30am-8am): £30.00
- Additional pay for any care calls worked when covering out of hours shifts
- Paid mileage to cover care calls
- Holiday pay, sick pay and pension
- Full training and support given and to be part of a friendly team/company
- Help shape future on-call operations and processes
Please note that applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service check (formally CRB check).