We are seeking an Occupational Health Technician to join our Peri Team in the Scotland area.
Candidates will be required to drive the Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to clients in order to deliver health surveillance services. The successful applicant must have the facility to park the unit at or near their home address overnight and be comfortable with the long-distance travel required for the role.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week. Weekly overnight stays will be required as part of the role.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive environment.
- Undertake health surveillance screening, including audiometry, lung function testing, drug and alcohol testing
- To undertake health screening procedures, including general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis
- to ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the relevant clinical staff
- To ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose
- To undertake and support additional tasks as requested, such as health promotion activities
- Provide support to the whole occupational health team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing/tidying etc
- Support the wider occupational health team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded
The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management; the Occupational Health Technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing is trained to do so.
25 Days Annual Leave, Health Cashback Plan, Perkbox
Peri Occupational Health Technician | OH Team | Occupational Health | Healthcare Technician | Occupational Health Technician | Mobile Medical Unit | Testing | Peripatetic | Ambulance Medic
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- The ability to work autonomously with support from line management and others within the team
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to work
- Possess solid IT skills
- Be able to prioritise own workload and manage own time effectively, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines.
- Understand the requirement for patient confidentiality, ensuring all patients are treated with respect, dignity and privacy.
- Possess strong self-awareness and a sense of respect for others
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focus and approachability when holding assessments.
- A team player who is supportive of their colleagues and promotes a positive working environment.
- Be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds includes:
- Health Care Assistant
- Military Medic
- Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services. Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, we have experienced strong, steady growth. We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
The information you submit to Duradiamond Healthcare as part of your application for employment will be held and used by us in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018, which incorporates the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and all relevant subsequent legislation. From the point at which we receive your application we will be required to maintain and process data about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a recruitment decision. If your application is selected for interview you will be sent an Applicant Privacy Notice giving further details on how Duradiamond Healthcare will process and maintain any personal information gathered during this stage of the recruitment process.
We will retain the details of unsuccessful applicants for a period 12 months following the completion of the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.