Job Title: Network Engineer
Do you have a Computer Science or Electrical/Network Engineering background or similar? Do you have a strong LAN/WAN Networking skills? Do you have system architecture design experience? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team and company.
We are looking for Network Engineers to focus on delivering projects, particularly in the rail sector, to a high standard, utilising the company's products and solutions.
This is a project-based role, where your responsibilities will be to take the concept solution and proposal, detailed from the Sales team, and drive the technical part of the project. This role is hands on and you will be expected to get down to the details and be prepared to complete different tasks that are required.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Refine and document customer requirements.
- Creating Customer facing Solution overviews.
- Refine and accurately document the system architecture design that will be implemented.
- Produce base system configuration files and document procedures to roll these out on a larger scale.
- Perform acceptance tests.
- Handover finalised projects to Technical Support staff and maintenance department.
- Ensuring the companies supplied components is correctly stated.
- Ensuring supply chain and stock management processes are followed.
- Participate in First of Class Installations.
- Make changes/modifications to fit installations.
- Working closely with the Sales Engineering team.
- Be part of a project from start to finish.
- Reviewing installation designs.
We believe you have the following skills/knowledge:
- Computer Science or Electrical/Network Engineering background or similar.
- Strong LAN/WAN Networking skills.
- System architecture design experience.
- Experience of producing technical documentation.
- Linux Experience.
- Strong team player with good work ethics, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organised self-starter, ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment and adapting to meet the goals of the business.
- Able to travel within UK and rest of Europe when required and ability to work unsocial hours when required.
- Full Driving Licence.
- A degree in any engineering discipline.
- Experience of project engineering/support.
- PRINCE2 practitioner status or equivalent.
- Experience in working within the Wi-Fi or passenger transport industries.
- Knowledge of the mobile network landscape and technologies used in the UK and Europe.
ACS are recruiting for a Network Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Network Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Network Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Network Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Network Engineer role you desire.