Job Title: NDT Technician
Hours: Full Time
Our client is the UK’s leading forgemaster in the oil & gas industry, and has recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With over 30 years’ experience in forging, our client are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die and ring rolling methods.
Due to continued success, our client currently has an opportunity for an experienced NDT Technician. The successful candidate will form an integral part of a team of Technicians carrying out Ultra-Sonic testing of Bars and Forgings to National, International, and Customer specifications and procedures.
Other duties include: -• Create and maintain NDT Certification.
• Monitor equipment calibration and expiry dates.
• Provide verbal explanation to customer witness personnel.
• Liaise with auditors as required.
• Assist in the development and improvement of the NDT department.
• Possibility of performing DPI and MPI inspection.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience: -• PCN level 2 Ultrasonic’s is essential.
• MPi and Dpi level 2 (PCN) – Desirable.
• Forklift Truck Driving licence - or willing to train.
• Pendant Crane Driving ability - or willing to train.
• Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
• Understanding of Metals/Materials as used within the forging industry.
• Practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt when needed.
• Team player, but also able to work on their own initiative.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Eye for detail, quality focused.
The role operates over a 2-shift system, (mornings and afternoons), Monday to Friday, totalling 40 hours per week.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: NDT Technician, Non Destructive Testing Technician, Non Destructive Testing, Test Technician.