A Top 10 SME company require a Commercial Vehicle / Plant Mechanic in the Leeds area.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified HGV Technician to join a modern and busy Workshop. Each mechanic has their own dedicated work bay within a well-equipped, heated workshop and all PPE is provided.
You will be - carrying out pre-mot inspections, repairs and maintenance on a wide range of vehicles and plant.
We are looking for - experience in a similar HGV Mechanic position and a HGV Class C licence as the company’s fleet consists of 8 wheeled tippers, road sweepers, plant and gritting vehicles. You will also need:
- Qualified to level three (NVQ/City & Guilds)
- A hands-on approach to all aspects of the role, ensuring a high quality of work is carried out first time.
- Team players who are flexible and able to work to tight deadlines.
Main duties include:
• Carrying out inspection, servicing, repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner
• Investigating and diagnosing faults- you will be required to have knowledge of modern diagnostic systems.
• Analysis of report findings
• Carrying out repairs to the current manufacturers standards, always to the highest standards and with the most effective use of time
• Planning preventative works, managing diagnostics
• Attending training and toolbox talks as required
• Providing on the job training for other technicians/trainees as required
Hours & Benefits:
• Rates of £12.86 - £19.25 Hourly + Overtime
• Overtime is available to boost earnings
• 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
• Breakdown call outs as per a shared rota
• 6 day Early / Late shift pattern, with every third Saturday off
Similar roles / experience may include; HGV Mechanic, HGV Technician, Mechanic, HGV, PSV Mechanic
How to apply
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Mechanic job then we would like to hear from you.
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.