Belle Vue Manchester Ltd operate school bus services and coach hire services in the UK and Europe from our base in Stockport. We are one of the largest bus operator in the Northwest area.
Belle Vue prides itself on carrying passengers safely and with a high standard of customer service from start to finish. We offer a unique place of work, where PEOPLE are recognised as the company's number one asset. Teamwork makes the dream work. Our Maintenance Team play an important role in ensuring our fleet of vehicles are maintained to a high standard. We expect all our teams to provide a five-star service.
We like to reward our team both financially and emotionally for providing our high standard of service and representing our business in the appropriate manner.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified mechanic to join our Maintenance Team based in Stockport. Successful candidates will work as part of the Maintenance Team to assist with the maintenance and repair of all buses and coaches in line with regulations and to the required company standards.
- Carry out routine services and inspections
- Conduct wheel changes
- Carry out oil changes quickly and efficiently to manufacturer’s and specialist standards
- Repair minor defects wherever and whenever needed
- Ensure all documentation is completed and maintained according to Company procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements. Maintain good housekeeping and conform to Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Regulations.
Experience and knowledge:
- Previous mechanical repair experience required
- Recognised vehicle maintenance qualification is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Excellent rates of pay
- Company Pension
- Free membership to the Public Transport Benevolent Fund – providing legal advice, grants, therapies and reduced costs on prescriptions, eye tests and much more
- 23/28 days paid annual holiday
- Complete company uniform including PPE
- In-house personal development and iMA training programme
- In-house counter terrorism training for PCV driver awareness
- Team crew room with snacks, refreshment facilities, TV and internet access
- Social activities including a Christmas party, Christmas savings club, summer party, breakfast morning,team-building events and days out.
- Charity events
We have 2 shifts, 06.00 – 14.00 and 11.00 – 19.00 on a rolling roster plus occasional Saturdays - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp for more information.
Belle Vue has expanded considerably in recent years and our commitment to customer service, fleet investment and team training are all paramount in providing a service that is cost-effective and reliable and keeps the customers coming back for more.
Contact Donna today for more information.