We offer great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work! We are currently looking for a full time Meat Department Supervisor for our Reading warehouse. In return we can offer competitive rates of pay between £8.50-12.55 per hour, personal and career growth, a friendly and supportive work environment and great benefits including life insurance, optical and dental benefit, pension plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
We are a multi-billion dollar global membership warehouse club, with warehouses in eight countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
The Meat Department Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing employees and coordinating activity of the meat department. The role will involve participating in meat cutting and other department duties.
Duties will include:
- Lead, provide training, encouragement, advice and feedback to meat department employees and coordinate activities and breaks for meat department personnel
- Determine production requirements, check quality and consistency of finished product and oversee product presentation and merchandising
- Carry out and ensure employee participation in Meat Manager’s plan for sales and merchandising
- Operate the meat grinder and check fat content of each batch, following proper department production processes and standards for quality and consistency of finished product
- Transfer cut and ground meat in to styro trays and transfer to large wheeled rack of wrappers, assist with wrapping and stock meat according to the Manager’s plan for product presentation and merchandising
- Clean and sanitize area throughout the day, performing duties to comply with health code, such as sanitisation standards and maintaining proper temperatures
- Perform routine maintenance for machinery, equipment and implements
- Provide and ensure prompt and courteous member service
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse when necessary
To be suitable for the Meat Department Supervisor role you will:
- Be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent preferred
- Ideally have meat Department experience, meat cutting experience preferred
- Be flexible with regards to working part time hours (between the hours of 04.00-23.00 Monday-Sunday)
- Be service oriented – experienced in ‘going the extra mile’
- Be energetic and familiar with working in a fast-paced environment
A Food Handling/Butcher Certification as required by local government and Costco Food Safety Certification required within 3 months.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
All Job offers are made subject to a Substance misuse test and a background check. All Job offers are subject to a 90-day probationary period.
If you would like to join a team where the employees are the best in the Wholesale industry then please press apply now to be considered for the Meat Department Supervisor role.