Sherborne School is a boys’ independent boarding school situated in the shadow of Sherborne Abbey. Founded by Royal Charter in 1550, the school has roots going back to the origins of the See of Sherborne in 705. There are eight boarding houses accommodating about 600 boys (aged 13-18).
Job Title:MARKETING OFFICER
Location:Abbot’s Acre, Sherborne School
Reporting to:The Head of Marketing
Hours of Work:37.5 hours per week. Hours of work are likely to be 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday less an hour for lunch but flexibility in hours will be required on occasion to meet the demands of the post in particular to support evening and weekend events.
Salary:Up to£30,000 per annum depending on skills, qualifications and experience. Salary paid monthly in arrears direct into nominated bank account.
Holidays:5 weeks holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. Attendance will be required on Bank Holidays that fall during term time, for which time off in lieu will be given. Holiday only to be taken following prior authorisation from the Head of Marketing, taking account of the School’s busy periods.
Post-holder’s Responsibility:You share with all School staff the responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people for whom you are responsible, or with whom you come into contact. In doing so, you are expected at all times to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding Policy. If you become aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School, you must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead (Child Protection Officer).
Sherborne is seeking a creative and dynamic marketing professional with significant experience in content marketing. The Marketing Officer will focus on the development, management and optimisation of the School’s online and offline communications channels. With a heavy skew towards digital, the post holder will lead on external digital communication management, including active participation in social media platforms and online communities.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Officer will champion marketing across all departments and areas of the School and wider Sherborne School Group to facilitate an on-going, frequent flow of quality, useable content for curation across owned and earned marketing communications channels.
This is a pivotal role within the External Relations team (compromising Marketing, Admissions, Sherborne Foundation and the Old Shirburnian Society) and will be instrumental in supporting on a range of activities and new creative initiatives designed to grow the School’s audience segments and maximise brand recognition and growth.
- Manage regular marketing communications to a range of audience segments across the School’s online and offline platforms. Including: website news, social media posts, termly newsletters, prospectus and annual publications;
- Build relationships with and secure buy-in from multiple internal stakeholders to ensure a continual flow of content for curation across the School’s online channels that showcase the breadth and depth of School life;
- Research, design, implement and manage a sustainable content process that facilitates the content flow requirements ;
- Manage specific events, advertising and liaising with relevant departments before and during events;
- Lead on the design, creation, production and distribution of event promotional material;
- Monitor, develop and maintain the School’s website;
- Provide training on the website Content Management System to empower stakeholders to create and update web pages;
- Commission, create and edit AV requirements to create dynamic photo and video content;
- Develop and implement a social media strategy encompassing all relevant platforms to maximise engagement and reach amongst existing and prospective audience segments ;
- Actively monitor and engage with online communities appropriately and positively in line with the aims and ethos of School;
- Create monthly analytical reports using GA, Hootsuite and social media insights to influence and direct digital marketing;
- Keep abreast and make recommendations of developments in social media, SEO and paid digital channels;
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing when required;
- Ensure consistency of brand and Tone of Voice;
- Oversee the continued development of evolving digital communications, including but not limited to the School App, digital signage and estream.
Essential skills and attributes
- Creative, positive and lateral outlook;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to engage, influence and work positively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise multiple projects and manage multiple channels simultaneously;
- Knowledge and experience of using website Content Management System;
- Knowledge and experience of using Google Analytics and Social Media reporting tools to analyse date and make recommendations to drive the School’s marketing strategy;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programmes;
- Clear, concise and accurate copywriting style, combined with strong proof reading skills;
- The ability and willingness to adopt a flexible attitude to working hours;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction;
- A relevant degree, professional marketing qualification or equivalent professional experience.
Desirable skills and attributes
- Video editing and photography experience;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including InDesign and Photoshop;
- Experience and knowledge of the Independent school sector;
- Experience in managing earned channels; proactively managing and securing PR opportunities to promote a product or service.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is the policy of Sherborne School (encompassing Sherborne International, Sherborne School Leisure and Sherborne School Trading) that all our workplaces are smoke free, and all employees have a right to work in a smoke free environment. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the School, both internal and external; this includes company vehicles. This policy applies to all employees, contractors and visitors
The post-holder will be able to join the Sherborne School Support Staff Pension Scheme on the first day of the month after completion of two months service. Where eligible the post-holder will be auto-enrolled into the Pension Scheme as per current legislation; further details may be obtained from the Head of HR (Bursary).
Sports Centre Membership:
Reduced membership of the Sherborne School Sports Centre (including swimming pool, gym and classes) is available for all employees.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please complete a Sherborne School Application Form – please do not send in a curriculum vitae as we are unable to use them when short listing
In the event of any queries please contact: Mrs Samantha Belgeonne – Recruitment Manager
Tel: 01935 810502
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Wednesday 28 March 2018
Interviews due to take place: Week Commencing 9 April 2018
PLEASE INDICATE ON YOUR APPLICATION IF THERE ARE ANY DATES THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND INTERVIEW.
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible.