Apply directly through Bytemark's website:
The main purpose of this position is to assist in developing and executing Bytemark’s digital marketing strategy. You will be part of a growing and creative marketing team, helping to plan and execute digital campaigns, alongside designing, maintaining and developing content for our web platforms.
You will have a diverse skill set, including a sophisticated grasp of available media channels, the ability to identify up-and-coming opportunities, on top of having the foundational skills of a brilliant marketer.
A good balance of critical and creative thinking is required in order to drive measurable success to securing growing revenue for our business.
What kind of company is Bytemark?
Bytemark is a 34-person strong hosting company founded in 2002, with around 3000 customers. Our head office is located in the beautiful, historic city of York. Our mission is to position Bytemark as the home for UK Cloud Native developers. We've a deep appreciation for the free software movement and as we've grown, made sure that our recruitment and management are focused on providing equal opportunities for all staff ; providing a flexible 37.5-hour work week and family-friendly employment policies.
Whilst we have a mix of staff in traditionally "technical" and "non-technical" roles, everyone in the company is encouraged to excel in their field, regardless of their position or workflow.
Your duties would include:
- Develop and optimise content for our website, blog and social channels
- Assist in developing and managing cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in delivering Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) best practices across all web assets
- Maintain webpages and make small updates and fixes in online content
- Analyse marketing performance data and report on key insights across website and social media
- Identify improvements to campaigns and overall strategy as part of the planning process
- Assist with the implementation of SEO and Converstion Rate Optimisation (CRO) best practices across Bytemark's digital assets
- Develop and execute PPC/Paid Social campaigns with an iterative and creative approach
Your line manager will work closely with you and the HR Director to establish your learning needs and ensure that you have the training and resources you need.
We would like you to have a commitment to your own professional development and actively seek learning opportunities. Bytemark will pay for 5 days of conference or training (including expenses) each year to pique your interest and pick up new skills.
Skills we're seeking
- Experience of planning, creating and distributing content across social media platforms
- Good working knowledge of web analytics and reporting tools (our preference is for Google Analytics and Google Data Studio)
- Experience of Google AdWords and/or Bing
- Experience running paid social media campaigns
- Knowledge of current SEO best practices
- Clear, confident and expressive written style
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for all things marketing and an interest in the wider technology industry
- Knowledge of Git or version control
- Knowledge of any Adobe Creative Suite programmes
- Any web design experience (HTML/CSS)
- Experience with WordPress or alternative CMS systems
- An understanding of basic UX/UI best practices
This position will be based in our York office where the team is situated. Our company has been split between York, Manchester and several fully remote workers for years, so we have various ways working.
Our whole team comes to our York HQ three times a year for a meal, catch-up and talks.
- Standard holiday allowance: 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays
- Extra holiday allowance: 1 day per full year of employment up to 32 days
- Allowance for home broadband service
- Bytemark administered group personal Pension Scheme (company contribution 3%)
- Annual health cash plan & private health care
- Enhanced Maternity - 16 weeks pay + 8 weeks 50% pay
- Enhanced Paternity - 2 weeks full pay + 2 weeks 50% pay
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 5 days per year allowance for training and development
- Company-provided bicycle for employees within cycling distance
Our policies and benefits enable every staff member to balance both family and work commitments, without sacrificing individual ambition or professional development.
Before you apply
Please understand these points before applying:
- You must already be eligible to work in the UK
- We will request and review references from successful candidates
- We would ask successful candidates to complete a Basic Disclosure Scotland check (which will be reimbursed)
What are you waiting for?!
There's no "cultural fit" requirement. If you're customer focused and can work well within a team, we'd love to have you on-board!
Apply directly through Bytemark's website: