Management Assessor/Support Tutor (Level 5)
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000[Depending on experience]
As learning and development specialists, Keystone offers a range of services to large and medium clients, including training – anything from facilitating single day workshops right up to large scale multi-region conferences and events – coaching, consultancy, design, theatre-based learning and DVD products as well as apprenticeships. Our subject areas include leadership and management, behavioural safety, management coaching, Equality and Diversity, interpersonal skills, professional and technical skills, and many more. Since 2005, our experienced team has worked with clients to create bespoke, impactful and sustainable development solutions.
We’re looking for a qualified assessor and trainer to support our accredited programmes, and in particular apprenticeships, in Leadership and Management up to level 5.
The main responsibilities are:
- Deliver programme inductions and register learners onto apprenticeships and other qualifications.
- Assess and support cohorts of learners on apprenticeships and accredited programmes.
- Conduct and record professional discussions for specific units within accredited programmes.
- Mark and provide internal verification of written assignments for accredited programmes from level 2 through 5.
- Deliver weekly group tutorial support webinars to cohorts of learners on apprenticeship programmes.
- Design and deliver regular tutorial support workshops to groups of learners using action learning principles.
- Use an ePortfolio system to communicate with and monitor progress of learners on apprenticeship programmes, as well as assessing and verifying work within the system.
- Fully brief learners on the assessment process.
- Support learners with varying barriers to learning to achieve their apprenticeship and/or accredited programme.
- Create assessment plans and alternative assessment methods in line with assessment criteria to meet awarding body requirements.
- Work closely with trainers delivering the content of accredited programmes and apprenticeships to ensure support is aligned with the programme content.
- Deliver, support and assess Level 2 Maths and English Functional Skills, using face-to-face coaching as well as remote methods to support learners.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of people whilst maintaining professionality regardless of the method of communication – phone, email, face-to-face or letter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including awareness of personal impact on others and ability to work effectively as part of a large but remotely-situated team.
- High standard of written communications, including excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Experience assessing apprenticeships, including functional skills qualifications.
- Verifiable occupational competency in Management.
- An assessor qualification (D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA).
- Proficient using all functions within Microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work alone, maintaining focus and pace.
- Ability to plan ahead, manage tasks, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a training or learning and development environment.
- Level 2 English and Mathematics.
- Full driving license and access to a car.
- Willingness to travel UK-wide, including Northern Ireland.
- Right to Work in the UK.
- Minimum 6 months in a busy, customer-focused environment.
The role is remotely based and will be primarily responsible for supporting delegates on Level 3 and Level 5 management apprenticeships. The ideal candidate would also have familiarity with Ofsted and ESFA audit requirements, and a qualification in leadership or management at level 5 or higher.
• Five weeks’ holiday plus bank holidays and day off for birthday.
• Pension scheme with employer contribution of 3%.
• Broadband, phone and laptop provided for work use.