Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week
Due to extensive growth, we are looking for a Management Accountant to join our Shamrock Quay office based in Southampton.
The company are a leading independent Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production.
With an established background in yachts, commercial and naval vessels and significant experience across all hull form types, propulsion systems and structural materials, the company utilises state of the art technology to provide innovative design solutions and consultancy services tailored to the individual requirements of owners, operators and shipyards worldwide.
We are looking for an individual who can hit the ground running and support the Financial Controller with accurate management accounts and commercial analysis. As we are a small team, you will be involved in the breadth of finance activity from transactional to producing financial statements.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, a willingness to learn and continually challenge and improve process. You will have experience of working in a busy finance office and will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified, as a minimum, with year-end experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts;
- Reporting for internal management team and head office;
- Review and provide commentary on variance analysis for costs;
- Managing the month end close cycle, ensuring timely and accurate postings, including accruals, prepayments, depreciation, FX etc;
- Continuously reviewing processes and procedures and identify efficiencies and improvements, making recommendations to the Financial Controller;
- Ensuring all accounting ledgers and records are up to date at all times;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets;
- Assisting with internal controls;
- Preparing information for audits and liaising with auditors;
- Carrying out ad-hoc projects.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, we will give you the following:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the holiday trading scheme up to a maximum of two weeks
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Paid subscriptions to relevant professional bodies
- Flexi-time with core hours of 9.30am – 4.00pm Mon to Thurs and 9.30am – 1.30pm on a Friday
- Free onsite parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Company Regatta and regular social events
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Lifestyle Benefits, a discount portal and perks platform
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.