Are you a Mechanical Engineer or Maintenance Engineer, with management experience looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Maintenance & Engineering Manager for our Ardley ERF team in Oxfordshire, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance & Engineering Manager, we can offer a Competitive salary per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Maintenance & Engineering Manager:
- Extensive and proven knowledge of the waste industry
- Legislative knowledge within the waste industry
- Extensive people management experience within a large department/region at senior level
- Practical Implementation of a Corporate Management System.
- Engineering experience to enable effective management, servicing and repair of all equipment
- Experience in mechanical engineering of process industry or power plants
- Experience in management of Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Educated to degree level and/or with an appropriate formal business qualification
- Full driving licence.
Maintenance & Engineering Manager Responsibilities include:
- Manage the Engineering & maintenance function for Ardley ERF.
- Maintain Ardley ERF to the appropriate legislation as well as Company and Contractual requirements
- Plan and manage all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance through all disciplines with effective use of internal and contracted labour
- Be the focus of Engineering knowledge and flow within Ardley ERF Manage and plan all site maintenance activities to ensure high levels of plant performance, cost reductions and continuous improvement.
- Provide engineering expertise to the operational and management teams, providing information and recommendations to assist and influence decision making
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.