Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
A leading global FMCG client are looking to recruit for a Maintenance Engineer to join their in-house engineering department.
You will undertake full responsibility for all engineering / facilities activity across the site. The role requires management of all site infrastructure, buildings, machinery and maintenance and to provide a comprehensive engineering service to Production by way of responding to breakdowns, fault-finding and carrying out PPM according to the schedule also to support the Engineering Manager.
- Ensure faults are identified and rectified in a timely manner.
- Provide a prompt response to all breakdowns.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Participate in the installation of new machinery as and when necessary.
- Ensure that all work is logged onto the CMMS system, target 80%of shift.
- Ensure all engineering documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure tools and toolboxes are managed as per procedure.
- Recommend improvements to current operations to improve efficiency.
- Ensure that engineering spares are booked out on the CMMS system.
- Assist at times with the control of Contractors.
- Ensure all work stations i.e. tool rooms and workshops are kept tidy.
- Comply with the company personal/hygiene requirements and all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with production and relevant departments to minimise the effect of downtime.
The successful candidate for the Maintenance Engineer role will possess the following experience:
- Possesses a Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Qualification to HNC level or equivalent (Essential)
- A proven Engineer with experience gained in a high volume, fast paced, manufacturing environment, within the food industry (Essential)
- Good communication skills to deal with internal and external customers (Essential)
- Experience of working on a one to one basis and in team working situations (Essential)
- A confident, proactive character with an ability to take the lead in challenging situations (Essential)
- A thorough understanding of food processing (Essential)
- Flexibility to travel (Essential)
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office and other IT systems (Essential)
Workforce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.