This is an established role within the Company, working closely with the Departmental Supervisor of a sister company based in Leeds who have been involved in the re-conditioning of engines and associated equipment since 1922. It is a company with a well established customer base including vehicle agents such as Ferrari, Bentley, Masserati, Ford, and Vauxhall.
Who should apply for this role?
The role will suit an individual with a sound engineering background. The successful applicant may have been a semi-skilled or skilled engineer.
Working closing with the Departmental Supervisor, the successful candidate will receive in engines for re-conditioning and discuss work required with our client. They will be hand on in the workshop and keep up with a busy engineering and machining workload.
The Service Reception Machinist Engineer will be responsible to the Departmental Supervisor but will be accountable for their own tasks on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Workshop duties –
- Machine work including Crankshaft Grinding, Horizontal boring, surface grinding, general lathe work, drilling and tapping, and general bench work
- Stripping and assessing cylinder heads or engines for repair
- Keeping own work area and machines clean and tidy
- Ensuring work is completed efficiently, correctly and in a timely manner
- May be required to collect parts in the absence of colleagues
- Any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager
- Workshop duties :
- Good all round engineering or turning/grinding background that is evidenced on CV
- Mechanical knowledge with ability to discuss basic issues with clients, colleagues and line management
- Accurate, Numerate (may need to calculate tolerances)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of engines and engine repair
- Knowledge of using some of the following machines or similar: Prince Grinder, Berco Boring Machine, Van Normal Machines, Commec Re-facing machine, Serdi Valve Seat facing machine, Quick Way valve re-facing machine, Colchester Mascot Lathe.
- Basic working knowledge of computers, e.g. Email, Word or Excel.
- Basic working knowledge of basic workshop administration, e.g. completing job sheets or costings