MIS & DATA MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
My client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of filters and components for applications in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Automotive, Appliance, Safety, and Commercial & Industrial Filtration.
The Group's clear strategy towards internationalization has led to the opening of 11 production facilities located in Italy, UK, Brazil, the United States, China and Romania, as well as offices in Germany, Spain, Argentina, México, Japan, Korea, Russia and India. They currently have a workforce of over 1,700 people globally.
For more than 35 years, my client has focused on innovation in its products range and production processes, constantly improving its development capacity to provide the best service and support for their clients.
In Morecambe they employ around 270 people over a range of functions which include production, engineering, finance, customer services, purchasing, quality and sales.
As a MIS and Data Management Technician you will specialise in supporting the software and hardware requirements of the business on a day to day basis. You will be responsible for following areas and carry out the following:-
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service as soon as possible; escalating incidents to IT Corporate teams where necessary
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Manipulate and update the company databases and create new reports where required using relevant programming skills.
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Install and configure new IT equipment.
- Interface with the IT Corporate Team to provide support in the development of local and corporate IT projects.
- Maintain a high level of customer service with confidence. Ensure all internal customers are treated with an efficient and appropriate manner and that the Data Protection Act is enforced.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working and provide necessary cover where needed.
- Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and company internal system processes.
- Work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process.
- Have strong IT skills and proficient in using Windows, and all Microsoft packages including word, excel and outlook.
- Have strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
- To remain professional at all times.
- Be capable working efficiently and keeping to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to email@example.comHelp or call Josie on 01524 865542 for further information.
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).