The role as MI Developer exists to the support the ongoing development of a MS SQL data platform responsible for the production and delivery of timely Business Intelligence / Insight to support business planning.
Experienced in all areas of BI development (3 years +) your resume will demonstrate significant experience operating within SQL Server including development analysis and administration whilst demonstrating credible capability with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
You'll have an interest for both technology and data and be able to work to tight timescales as part of a larger team. You will also be capable of working closely with non-technical business users to ensure solutions are delivered on time and to requirement.
Selection of responsibilities;
- Work with multiple user groups and external parties to source and document management information requirements
- Initiate solutions to meet management information requirements.
- Document data models and design specifications to meet the management information requirements, with sign off from stakeholders.
- Develop Business Intelligence reporting solutions using appropriate business information tools and software (i.e. SSRS, SSIS, SQL, Business Objects)
- Produce logical user documentation to support the delivery and roll-out of BI solutions
- Responsible for managing and resolving incidents related t the production of BI and database analytics
- Responsible for designing, building and maintaining scripts, data models, interfaces, data-cubes and databases.
Skills / Knowledge;
- Minimum 2 years SQL experience - scripting and creating complex to produce reports
- Experience operating within a MS SQL Server environment (ideally having exposure to SSIS & SSRS applications).
Exposure to Business Intelligence reporting tools (Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports etc.)
- Must be able to work with colleagues and customers to determine detailed reporting requirements, unpick complex legacy data and deliver comprehensive automated reports.
- Driven self-starter able to drive best practices and standards
- Able to work on a range of projects to specification and timescales
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
Your commitment and hard work will be truly valued and will be rewarded with opportunities for personal development and training.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a range of benefits and the opportunity to get involved with multiple social and charity events.
Please apply in confidence for full job / interview details.