Do You Fit The Following Profile?
You have the desire to succeed and are willing to put your ideas forward in order to achieve the best results. Your drive and determination help you to work independently, with initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail and discipline. You are able to deal with complexity and you can imagine yourself working in a cross-cultural environment.
In addition, you:
- Have obtained a degree in a relevant field.
- Have relevant experience in a similar working environment.
- Possess strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
As a Logistics Customer Service Coordinator, you will be responsible for making all the necessary arrangements to provide excellent service to our customers and the delivery and collection of our door to door cargo through the ports of Hull and Tilbury. You will handle both bookings and customer service, and are responsible for the recovery of any extra costs. You will be sending out notices of arrival and booking in deliveries arriving in the UK ports. In addition, you respond to and resolve all enquiries from customers and you check if performance levels are in line with agreed KPIs.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Opening a dossier for each job on our in-house operational system for all collections in the UK.
- Liaising with the sales team to ensure correct quotes are in the system.
- Monitoring loads to ensure that they are collected on time and that they arrive in time to meet the delivery as requested.
- Dealing with late runners and keeping our customers informed, and dealing with rejected loads and re-stows if required.
- Monitoring and ensuring that all Quay rent is charged.
What We Offer You
Samskip offers you career opportunities and the opportunity to work for an ambitious, dynamic and professional organisation. Each individual contributes to the overall success of Samskip and we encourage personal responsibility, commitment and collaboration for the benefit of our company, employees and our customers.
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 23 day’s paid annual leave
- A pension scheme
- Medical insurance
Can you manage our customer service and do you have the skills to excel within your role? Become part of an enthusiastic team that allows you to fully develop yourself. Click on the “Apply” button, and apply directly!
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We particularly focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 632 million euros, Samskip is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1520 people in total.
Keywords: Vacancy, full time, Ipswich, Logistics Customer Service Coordinator, supply chain management.