Are you an experienced logistics or transport co-ordinator looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator for our Salmon Pastures team in Sheffield.
Logistics Coordinator Role:
Joining our team, the Logistics Coordinator will plan, organise, co-ordinate and manage the daily transport operations to optimise efficiency and profitability. You will ensure that Viridor Waste Management complies with legislative, statutory and Company requirements. Daily duties include:
- Customer liaison via telephone and e-mail communication.
- Ensure VOSA Compliance for all aspects of the Collection Fleet at all times.
- Planning of driver collection rounds
- Debriefing of drivers on a daily basis
- Ensuring a cost effective, quality service is carried out identifying opportunities for business growth
Our ideal Logistics Coordinator will have:
- Basic knowledge of road haulage operations
- Working knowledge of fleet compliance and their application (including EU Hours & Fleet Maintenance)
- Experience in a transport environment
- Experience in fleet compliance environment
- Full car driving licence, Transport Manager CPC, recognised Health & Safety qualification
- Strong communication skills with an ability to lead, motivate and develop employees
- Ability to operate effectively with conflicting priorities and deadlines
In return for your hard work as our Logistics Coordinator, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.