ECL, the Care and Wellbeing Company, are looking for an exceptional individual to strengthen their management team in the West region through the appointment of a Local Business Manager for our social enterprises in Harlow and Brentwood.
This is an exciting time to join us on our new contract in work participation and wellbeing to support and grow our provision in transforming our day services for people with learning disabilities and older people into a market-leading service.
Your role will be key in building a motivated and empowered workforce to deliver the emerging strategies in your field as well as developing relationships with key individuals and the local community for the benefit of the service.
You will manage, lead and inspire a team to ensure the delivery of high standards of care and support operating within agreed budgets that you have set alongside you management and monitor throughout the financial year.
You will be instrumental in developing the business objectives in our caf?'s and seek out opportunities to increase income. You will be responsible for giving direction to employees, daily coordination and development of the services through influencing key stakeholders, with a strong focus on choice and control for customers.
In addition you will have the ability to influence, problem solve and make decisions, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and a positive ?can do' attitude. The ability to network and forge strong and productive partnerships across the organisation and with external partners is vital as well as having the ability and vision to support the development of integrated community support services.
Educated to QCF Diploma or NVQ Level 2 in relevant area or willing to gain the qualification in a short period of time, you will have effective communication skills, proven management or supervisory skills in the care sector coupled with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
What else can we offer you?
- 24 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holiday) pro rata
- FREE DBS check (which is a requirement of this role)
- Health Care Cash Plan (including reimbursement for dental, optical and chiropody plus much more)
- Over 4,000 exclusive member offers available to you including a variety of discounts and cashback deals available on purchases from food shopping, holidays and meals out to gym membership, spa days, entertainment and much more.
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions
- Ongoing Training & Career development
- Annual Performance and Pay review
- Up to £600 Refer a friend scheme*
- Up to £300 loan on starting (subject to eligibility)
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Real job satisfaction in an environment where your actions deliver tangible benefits to people's lives
As this role requires travel around the community, a car driver with their own vehicle is essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
If this sounds like a company you'd be proud to work for, why not apply today?
* £600 offer up to 31st March 2018 for referrals to Short term support in the Community roles (will then revert to £300)
Local Business Manager - Care
Harlow and Brentwood, Essex
£23,000 - £31,000 per annum + benefits