Linux Engineering Senior Manager: Cloud Infrastructure - Max EU120k + Bonus & Shares – Dublin, Ireland
Salary: EU100,000 – EU120,000 plus circa 20% bonus, shares and good benefits
THE COMPANY AND SITUATION OVERVIEW:
A hugely successful and very fast-growing cloud software company requires a Linux expert with management experience to help them guide their cloud operations engineers to facilitate resolutions in time-critical situations. Therefore, the ideal candidate for this role is someone who is well established in a senior Linux admin/engineering role who is seeking their next step.
This is a role for career Linux people, those who are Linux through-and-through, passionate advocates of Linux and very non-Microsoft! This team doesn’t have any Windows stuff at all.
Consequently, the experience they are seeking is as follows:
· Linux expert – Very strong experience in Linux systems administration or Linux engineering
· Previously held a senior position in operations
· Good network administration and application layer experience.
· Experience in a large-scale (minimum 200 servers) 24/7 production environment supporting critical, real-time applications
· An in-depth understanding of the technology associated with operating a service or platform in the cloud, including datacentres, systems, networks, load balancers, applications, and relational databases.
· Familiarity with/an understanding of Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing, DNS, load balancing, CDN, virtualization and other cloud infrastructure technologies.
Please note the above are essential: You require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
The crux of the role is ensuring the reliability of a Cloud infrastructure, through your technical expert guidance of their operations engineers. You would be deriving time-critical problems to resolution through working closely with engineers and multiple teams across the company. You are seen as the escalation point, the most senior department in operations engaging directly with VPs and other senior management on a one-to-one basis for serious problems.
This team is amongst the top tier technologists in Operations. Why this position is unique is if you were looking to pivot into management or another discipline, it gives you exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
This role gives you resource management experience during crisis events as well as interaction with senior leadership in development, customer service and engineering roles. It is a unique position that gives exposure to managing technical teams as well as a gateway to other disciplines including problem management, customer service and engineering.
Why come here though? What’s the real attraction?
Because this is neither start-up nor a huge lumbering behemoth, hence no bureaucracy, no “blockage” when you’re trying to solve things: Consequently, you get to take issues, diagnose those issues, follow them through to the end and get them fixed, instead of being stalled by red tape: It’s exactly the right time to join a company like this!