We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our continued success and expansion plans a number of new positions have been created to support loss prevention activity within the business.
We are seeking a Level 2 - Loss Prevention Officers to provide LP support across a cluster of stores in North West Birmingham / Staffordshire.
This is a new position within the business and as such the successful applicants will assist in developing the company LP structure and strategy for the future. As a L2 Loss Prevention Officer you will work closely with the Area Loss Prevention Coordinator and retail management to ensure that your area of responsibility (Cluster of stores) are at the forefront of identifying and delivering LP best practise that can be cascaded across the estate.
- Creating a safe and secure crime free working and shopping environment within area of responsibility.
- Identifying, deterring and where necessary detecting incidents of customer theft.
- Plain clothed store detective duties as required across your cluster of stores.
- Supporting retail management / staff with LP awareness training and development.
- Create positive working relationships with retail management / teams across area of responsibility.
- Create positive working relationships with external law enforcement and intelligence sharing bodies in order to understand local issues and mitigate associated risk.
- Support store management and their teams with the sharing of best practise.
- Local auditing and reporting on LP activity within stores and compliance with company standards.
- Partake in proactive initiatives including out of hour’s operations such as searches and covert observations.
- Identify and escalate potential incidents of internal theft / fraud or process issues resulting in a financial loss to the business.
- Support new store opening process within geographic area to set high LP / compliance standards.
- Evaluate all areas of the business relevant to your role and make recommendations where efficiencies can be made or losses reduced.
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within a retail loss prevention role.
- Experience working over multi-sites preferred but not essential.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team to achieve KPI’s.
- Proven ability to identify customer theft and make apprehensions within the law.
- Proven ability to operate in a plain clothed store detective role.
- Ability to build relationships with retail management and external agencies.
- Proven ability to identify and reduce losses within the retail environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good written and oral communication skills (Incident reports / witness statements / court appearances).
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative.
- Full driving license with own transport.
- Fully flexible working 5 days out of 7 (weekend working essential to the role).
- May require nights away from home supporting stores outside of geographic area of responsibility.
Job type – Permanent
Salary – Competitive (Paid 4 weekly) – 28 day’s holiday (inclusive of PH’s).
All travel / accommodation outside of area of responsibility compensated via company expense policy.