- Do you have proven experience as a Legal Secretary?
- Are you looking to apply your extensive administration experience in a challenging new role?
If the answer is YES, keep reading as we have the ideal role for you. Pitmans Law are seeking a Legal Secretary to join our team in Reading.
At Pitmans we recognise that our staff are what continues to drive our business forwards, which is why we offer our employees a competitive salary, 25 days holiday as well as benefits; including:
- Life insurance,
- Income protection insurance,
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Employee assistance programme.
- Contributory pension scheme
Joining our team as a Legal Secretary, you will provide optimal value to the business by providing administrative support to our team of legal professionals. Legal Secretary duties include:
- Production of letters and legal documents such as, contracts and collating bundles, etc. This will involve typing and amending lengthy legal documents
- Opening files and ensuring all anti money laundering documentation is correctly processed
- Transcription of letters, statements and other documentation
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner and taking accurate messages
- Using a diary management system and making appointments
- Dealing with accounts processes, including time recording and billing
- Copying, scanning and faxing
- Confident use of Laser Forms or similar software package
- Ensuring documentation is appropriately stored in the document management system, NetDocs
- Filing, archiving and other general administration work.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal Legal Secretary will have previous experience of working within the legal sector and a strong administrative background. You will have knowledge of file set up and maintenance as well as excellent PC skills. The ideal candidate will also have:
- Fast and accurate typing and proof-reading skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and tactfully on all levels, in person, on the telephone, and in email
- The ability to work well under time constraints and schedule work effectively
- Have the ability to handle sensitive legal matters discretely and in strict confidence.
About Pitmans Law
Pitmans Law is headquartered in Reading with offices in London and Southampton. We deliver city quality advice at a regional price to help our clients achieve their objectives, manage risk and generate savings. Over more than 150 years we've built a reputation for our personable approach working with corporates as well as private clients locally, nationally and internationally. Pitmans has nurtured particularly strong specialist teams in pensions advisory, real estate, dispute resolution as well as corporate and commercial.
We also provide legal advice to address our clients' needs across a wide range of industry sectors and specialisms including automotive, banking, hospitality, insurance, retail, technology, employment, immigration, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, matrimonial, wills, estates and trusts. As a result, Pitmans achieves top tier recognition in the industry benchmarking directories, Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
If you have the relevant skills and experience to excel in the role of Legal Secretary, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY to register your interest.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.