Established in 1770, Brumell & Sample is well respected and has a long history for providing sound and dependable legal services to individuals, families and some small businesses in Morpeth and surrounding Northumberland. Because of this, we have come to be a trusted adviser for our clients and strive to ensure our client service is of a high standard at all times.
We are looking for an experienced legal secretary to join our team. The role will suit a confident and well-presented individual with experience working in a commercial legal environment, who is used to handling a high work load on top of a variety of different tasks. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting others in providing a high quality and professional service to clients and will also provide excellent back office support and help to maintain a great office culture.
The successful candidate must be available to work between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Smart and well presented
- Professional and customer focussed
- Able to work without supervision
- Proficient in IT
- Able to demonstrate an exemplary telephone manner and customer service skills at all times
- Flexible with a “can do” attitude who is able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic, well organised with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Responsibilities will include:
- The efficient management of electronic and paper records relating to clients, contacts, matters and the team.
- Using initiative to undertake tasks related to the delivery of professional services and client relationship management.
- Collating documentation and information ahead of meetings.
- Ensuring meetings are correctly scheduled, resources booked and (if necessary) assisting with the set-up of meeting rooms, resources and providing refreshments.
- Routine administration tasks, including but not limited to inbox and diary management and arranging travel.
- Dealing effectively with incoming correspondence, calls and other client interactions.
- Being prepared to take on additional responsibilities subject to the correct training.
- Any other tasks as and when required.