MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
TO PROVIDE SECRETARIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TO THE FEE EARNER AND DEPARTMENT
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Providing full secretarial support to fee earners and department, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence by audio typing via the digital dictation system.
· Using the Land Registry Portal, completing Land Registry returns, and submission of SDLT forms.
· Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner.
· Maintaining and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
· Regular consideration of client files and advising fee earners on any action required.
· To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed.
· Covering Reception during lunch breaks, holidays and unforeseen absences; collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX usually by office rota.
· Compliance with the firm’s accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
· To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
· To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
· To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our customer service
· To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
· To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.