Inhouse Solicitor / Legal Counsel
We are currently seeking an Inhouse Company Solicitor / Legal Counsel for a large organisation with offices across the North West. The role will be to provide pragmatic, timely and sound commercial legal advice for all areas of the business.
The Inhouse Company Solicitor will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Provide pragmatic and commercial legal advice to the business.
- Liaising with business unit Board to manage workload and expectations.
- Draft and negotiate customer and supplier contracts.
- Draft and negotiate business partner, distributor and sales agency agreements.
- Advise on Intellectual Property matters.
- Update precedent contracts and terms and conditions as and when required.
- Proof read and approve marketing and sales materials.
- Project manage matters relating to a contract, for example ensuring Service descriptions, Service Levels, Charges and other commercial, financial and operational matters have been approved by the relevant person in the business, such that obtaining those approvals does not delay signature of a contract or result in the business having to accept any onerous terms.
- Advise the business on the interpretation of commercial contracts.
- Researching the points of law.
- Keeping up to date with changes in relevant law.
- Manage instructed solicitors and counsel where required. The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor of England and Wales with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will be able to work autonomously and be able to handle numerous competing matters at the same time.
Please apply online for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age