Posting Date: Sep 18, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investmentmanagement and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanleyare dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the mostchallenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment.
Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Technology division collaborates with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we dobusiness in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, andinfrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Enterprise Technology Services provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defenses to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
The Environments on Demand Engineering team at Morgan Stanley is responsible for delivering in-house developed management systems as well as integrating with vendor and open source products that configure and operate the platform on which web and other applications and infrastructure services are deployed; a global platform servicing both internal users and external clients across all business units at the firm. With the current industry themes of public, hybrid and private clouds and containerisation very much in mind, we are required to improve the agility of infrastructure provisioning and management, replacing manual procedures and improving existing automation, driving down the costs of the infrastructure as a whole, all in a secure and repeatable way. We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with team / technical lead experience working in a DevOps environment to join the team in Glasgow to help deliver this transformation.
- Automate systems configuration and orchestration to build application hosting environments on demand using a combination open source tools, third party products and proprietary solutions
- Establish and build standard models and blueprints for automated application and infrastructure deployment
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Perform solutions architecture, collaborating and consulting with application owners across all business areas and all technologies to drive adoption of the PaaS platform for all layers of their n-tier applications
- Integrate application hosting environments with availability monitoring and performance management systems, providing the ability for site reliability engineering and continuous improvement to succeed#LI-PW1
- Experience designing, architecting, and implementing next generation of cloud-based applications which are dynamically scalable, fault tolerant, secure, and reliable for a cloud platform such as Openshift, AWS, or Azure.
- Previous technical leadership experience with ability to work in global distributed agile team
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with Linux operating systems & shell scripting, and Containers
- Understanding and Experience with DevOps tooling such as Cloudify, Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and/or Ansible
- Proficiency in Python and at least one of the following languages: Java, Go, C#. Most of our development is in Python.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, and or Spinnaker
- Experience in developing automated tests
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
- Expertise in analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Understand security principles such as authentication, authorization, RBAC, and encryption
- Understanding of networking and communication protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Understanding of and experience with cloud native software development paradigms
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
** Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees **
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.#LI-PW1