Lead Design Engineer - Electrical
Due to continuing expansion, Our client are currently recruiting for two Lead Designers (Electrical) to join their Technical Design Team based at their Glasgow Head Office.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The role of Lead Electrical Designer is to bring to the team, knowledge, skills and experience in the field of Electrical/ICA Engineering and Design and produce Electrical/ICA designs and associated deliverables for a range of engineering projects, using Mechanical, Electrical, ICA and Civil disciplines within the Water Industry.
· Outline design and optioneering exercises to develop initial client concepts or requirements, into workable solutions.
· Conduct site based surveys to understand the needs of a given project and to inform the optimum design solution.
· In conjunction with other disciplines on the project, manage detailed Electrical/ICA design tasks, to client stage and approval specifications.
· Co-ordinate the production of Electrical design drawings for specified projects alongside the CAD team when required.
· Prepare effective Electrical/ICA design outputs and contribute technical guidance to projects as required.Attend and contribute to client meetings and workshops.
· Support your own and your team’s continuous professional development by demonstrating an awareness and understanding of advances or emergent technologies within your discipline.
· Promote positive culture in relation to health & safety within the department and across the business.
· To highlight issues or improvements that could maximise efficiencies or enhance existing procedures.
· To submit all design work to relevant British Standards and Client Specifications.This includes adherence to all applicable guidance and regulations such as; CDM 2015, IEE Wiring Regs 17th Ed, DSEAR Regs etc.
· To ensure that all design work within the team is carried out in conjunction with all related QA Policies and Procedures.
· Using the client Timesheet system to capture and maintain accurate records of time spent on each project.
· To ensure monthly audit and compliance targets are met by the team and that safety concerns are identified and addressed through to satisfactory resolution for the department.
Responsibility for setting and monitoring of objectives of direct reports through the probationary and appraisal systems, identifying training needs and submitting training requests in a timely manner, management of annual leave and absences
Enhance the Business Development department within Our client, providing technical advice and support related to your specific function. Involvement in developing the business development strategy in collaboration with other key stakeholders. Responsible for building and promoting positive relationships within our client and the wider client base, which enhance and protect our client’s reputation and promote a positive and professional image. Maximise business opportunities whenever possible through promotion of all of the services our client can provide and specifically those related to your function.
Fulfil role of recognised mentor within the business, as required from time-to-time. This includes mentoring to employees across the business, cultivating mentoring relationships to enhance and contribute to the on-going development and improved performance of employees.
Communicates across all functions and levels within the business. Facilitates regular team and client meetings effectively. Communicates changes in the business as well as corporate news. Delivers engaging and informative presentations. Resolves or escalates issues in a timely fashion and communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Please send CV across to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp